We are going to Iowa to visit my in-laws. I love my inlaws, so I'm looking forward to seeing them.
2. Will you be cooking or are you just an eater?
Usually I am a cooker, but because the inlaws live in assisted living, I'll be eating in the cafeteria with them.
3. Do you watch the parade every year or football!!
The kids and I love the parade, and after we eat, hubby watches football.
4. Whats your favorite float?
I like the floats that have the singers on them, because they're always lip syncing horribly, and that amuses me. My favorite part of the parade is the dancers from the Broadway shows.
5. Dark meat or white meat? White
6. Leg or breast? (this question seems remarkable similar to #5) breast
7. What is your favorite dish besides the turkey?
My dad's dressing is the best, my sweet potato casserole rocks, and who can resist dessert?
8. Homemade cranberry sauce or cranberry sauce from the can?
Homemade. Does ANYONE actually prefer the canned?
9. Do you decorate for Christmas on Thanksgiving day?
I usually pull everything down from the attic on Thanksgiving Day, and start decorating the day after and spend the whole weekend doing it. Since we'll be out of town, I'm alittle stressed about starting decorating a weekend later. But it will all come together.
10. What are some special family traditions?
I don't really think my family is big on Thanksgiving. Because my dad has Thanksgiving with his wife's familiy, and my brother used to live out of town, and I vary between thanksgiving at home or at Iowa, and my sister ET always invites any friends who have no place to go, Thanksgiving is more hodge-podge for us. I've had Thanksgiving at my house with "strangers" who are friends of my sisters, so it's always interesting! I'll miss all "my people" while I'm in Iowa with "John's people" but I always have Christmas here in Virginia. That's where the special family traditions are for me.
11. Pumpkin pie or pecan? Chocolate (duh!)
12. What is your favorite thing to do with the leftovers?
Eat them! (is this a trick question?)
13. How long will you spend eating your thanksgiving meal?
Probably 40 minutes...but hours visiting after the meal.
14. Are you worried about putting on weight this Thanksgiving?
Not worried, but I expect to put on weight over the holidays and take it off in the new year. It's the American way!
15. What do you normally eat at Thanksgiving?
Turkey, dressing (NOT stuffing), Sweet potato casserole, green beans, rolls & pie.
16. What will you be thankful for this Thanksgiving?
Spending time with my in-laws, who I only get to see once or twice a year.
17. What is your best Thanksgiving memory?
My oldest Thanksgiving memory is sitting out on the screened porch of my Grammy's house at the kids table and eating Thanksgiving. She had SO MUCH food, and never sat down but served everyone the whole time. She was an awesome cook. I don't have a best memory, but being my hubby & kids is the best Thanksgiving.
18. Do you give cards or presents at Thanksgiving?
Usually neither, although sometimes I'll send a couple of cards.
19. Are you planning on going shopping the day after Thanksgiving?
NO! I avoid shopping Thanksgiving weekend. I hate the crowds. I like to shop during the week while the kids are at school, and most people are at work. I usually love decorating all weekend, but this year, I'll be enjoying time relaxing at the inlaws, and will be rested and ready to tackle everything upon our return home...I hope!
20. Will you be waking up early to hit the sales?
See #19 above. ;-)
Psalm 69:30 -- I will praise God's name in song and glorify him