5 things I'm thankful for this week:
1. My 5 yr old, who usually I have to drag out of bed and fuss at all morning to get ready for school, came down this morning fully dressed, ready for school, without me even waking her up, and announced "I also made up my bed." What?
2. Thankful that even when I'm not having coffee dates with my friends (we've all been so busy lately) that the friendship remains. I thankful that friendships weather time & seasons.
3. Thankful for a fun filled weekend! We went apple picking on Saturday, and to the pumpkin patch on Monday (school holiday). It was a great weekend for family fun, and spending time with friends.
4. The economy is bad, and things are "tight" for us, yet I still feel so blessed at the abundance of things I already have. We didn't get to go on vacation this summer, yet we belong to a pool and had theme park season passes. We may not be able to go out and buy "new things," but we have so many things already. We have our food, clothing, shelter. We are so blessed. Thank you Jesus!
5. I'm thankful that God is always God. He's not just God during the good, or during the bad, but always. Beth Moore says when we are worrying about the "What ifs" of life (what if I lose my job, what if a loved one dies, what if....) we need to remember no matter what happens, God is still God. Amen!