Having a feverish child, this may just be the week of the meme over at Chatty Kelly's. No time for deep thoughts. Enjoy.
1. Candy corn: Your thoughts?
Candy corn is the 2nd yuckiest candy out there. It's like hard plastic. What, you may be wondering, is the first yuckiest candy? Neccos. BLAH!
2. Briefly, what was the first conversation you ever had with your spouse?
Our first conversation went like this: HE: "Is (boss's name) available?" ME: "Yes he is, may I tell him who is calling?" Deep stuff, huh.
3. Could you ever become a vegetarian?
Well, we were originally made as vegetarians, before God released us to eat meat, (Gen. 9:2-4) so I'm going to say yes I "could." However, would I? Not unless I felt lead by God, and I don't.
4. Have you ever dressed up your pet in a costume?
It's not exactly a costume, but it is a dress. I have children, they wanted to dress the dog up. We tried it, he hated it, we don't do it anymore.
5. Name something about childhood that you miss (like Clark Bars, Malibu Barbie, cracking fake eggs on people's heads with your fist and "It's the Great Pumpkin" airing only once a year).
I don't miss anything about my childhood. I watch all the specials on TV with my kids and still enjoy them.
6. Have you ever won a trophy? If not, what do you deserve a trophy for?
I don't think I've ever won a trophy. I probably don't deserve one either. So it's all okay.
7. When do you think is the appropriate time to begin playing Christmas music each year?
This is a controversial question, people feel strongly about. I like it to start the Friday after Thanksgiving.
8. What's your favorite board game?
I'll take you on in any board game. I'm competitive. I like to win. But I don't have a favorite.
9. How do you feel about surprises (receiving, not giving)?
I'm not a big fan of surprises, control freak that I am. But if you want to slip me a gift, I'm okay with that.
10. Is it easy for you to say, "I'm sorry?"
Depends on who I'm apologizing to. It's easy for me to say I'm sorry to my kids, because I want to instill that value in them. The stranger I just bumped, no problem. But in the heat of an argument, it's not so easy.
11. What is your favorite candle scent?
Depends on the season! I like linen during non-holiday times. Pumpkin spice in Oct/Nov., and Christmas wreath/evergreen during the Christmas holidays.
12. October is traditionally "open house" time in public schools. If you had a literal open house in your home (like a reception) what light snacks would you serve visitors and what would you show them (as in art projects, graded papers) that would uniquely represent you?
I would showcase my published works. I have a nice little file of them now. I would serve my famously delicious stuffed mushrooms, cheese/crackers, fruit, meatballs, spinach dip w/Hawaiian bread. I would have a champagne punch with strawberries floating in it. Everyone would have a lovely time. I've had enough parties, that even though I get stressed out about it, I've pretty much got the routine down to a science.