Today is my 13th wedding anniversary. Now supposedly 7 is a lucky number, and 13 is unlucky. But in marriage since 7 is supposedly unlucky (7 year itch), than 13 must be lucky right??
So in honor of my lucky 13th, here are 13 Things I've Learned in 13 Years:
1. My husband is not perfect. And neither am I.
2. I can't change him, and I'm basically okay with that.
3. It's not all about me, no matter what "it" is.
4. How to cook, and I'm pretty good at it!
5. What ELSE I want to be when I grow up (besides a wife & mother...a writer!)
6. Believing in God in not enough, I want to live my life for him.
7. Minivans are cool. (Humor me on this one.)
8. I won't be a size 2 forever, and that just means there is more of me to love. (*wink*)
9. I finally concur with the Bible's take on submission...I didn't say I was good at it, I just said I agree with it.
10. Gifts aren't important! I'm happy with just a card and spending time together. (Really, honey, I'm not kidding!)
11. It takes work to make a marriage last or to be a good mom, and I'm up for the task.
12. I'm not always right (but I still want to be).
13. I still have a lot to learn...and always will.
Colossians 3:13-15 -- Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity. Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful.