Today's Thankful Thursday meme will be in the form of things I am thankful for, and my resolutions regarding them in 2009. HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!
1. I am thankful for my family. I resolve to try to apply the fruits of the spirit in my relationship with them: love, peace, joy, patience, kindness, goodness, gentleness, faithfulness and self-control. That means I'll be biting my tongue...a lot!
2. I am so thankful for my friends, both local and bloggy. I resolve in 2009 to spend time with them, and share moments and deepen the wonderful gift God has given us in each other.
3. I am thankful for a healthy body! Praise God! I resolve to do more with this healthy body, like exercising to build aerobic strength and stamina.
4. I am thankful God blessed me with the gift of writing, which has become my passion. I resolve to get serious in my writing. I hope to write a devotional book this year, perhaps to be published in 2010. I plan to write for publication at least 3 hours a week. That is the goal.
5. (I save the Best for last) I am so thankful to have God in my life. I resolve to do daily bible reading. I am planning on joining Wendy Pope, and about 1,000 other folks, as we read the entire chronological Bible next year. I've never tried this before, and I pray I will be faithful in this, (along with my regular weekly bible study and my Sunday School class, and research for my writing!! Pray I fulfill this goal!)
So what are your goals for 2009? What are you thankful for? Leave me a comment, or write your own post. Be sure to let me know so I can come visit. And don't forget to link up to Truth 4 the Journey, at her Thankful Thursday meme by clicking the button below.