I have been peer pressured into playing the letter game by some of my adoring blog fans. The game goes like this: "You write about ten things you love that begin with your assigned letter, and post it at your place. When people comment on your list, you give them a letter, and the chain continues on and on..."
I wasn't going to play...but you know, my fans are insisting and I can't let them down. So I've been assigned the letter L by MY ADHD ME (also knows as my sister). Here it goes:
1. Latte. Nonfat milk, with whip...any flavor, peppermint mocha, pumpkin spice, s'more. I just love coffee of all types and flavors.
2. Lipstick. If I'm having a blah day, I can just put some shine on my lips and it brightens up my whole face. You can't not smile if you're wearing bright lipstick. I like hot pink the best.
3. Listening. No, not me, I'm the chatty one. I like friends who are listening. You know the ones who you've spent time with and you leave feeling like you've been heard, understood, and loved anyway. I love listening friends. I love to LAUGH with my friends too, but my sister said I can't use life, love or laughter for my L words.)
4. Learning. I love the "aha" moments that come when I finally understand something. Whether it's something simple like someone else's pun, or something deep like the Bible, I love learning and finally "getting" it.
5. Liquor...nah, just kidding. Just wanted to make sure you were still paying attention. LOL!
5. Letters! I love to get mail. (No, Greg, really this isn't a hint). I just love going to the mail box and never knowing what treasures await. It's like a magical box with daily secrets in it. I even like getting bills, as it validates that this stay home mom is a person to someone else in the outside world. (I didn't say I liked paying them, just seeing my name in print).
6. "Leroy." That is the nickname I call my husband. Mainly because it is in fact his middle name. He is from the Midwest and he swears it is pronounced "la-ROY" there, and will tell you that it is french for "The King." But here in the South we say "LEE-roy." (and I'll add I love my Little Ones, 2 daughters as well).
7. Literary Agents. What I'd really love is for one to represent me.
8. Loquaciousness. I'm very loquacious, it's my personality. Look it up. :-)
9. Lyrics. I love to sing! My husband says I can remember the words to every song I've every heard. Unfortunately, I just can't remember the tune. Well, I remember it in my head...but when the words come out of my mouth it just doesn't sound the same.
10. LORD - Of course, I saved the best for last. "I love you Lord, and I lift my voice to worship you, oh my soul rejoice! Take joy, My King, in what You hear, Let it be a sweet, sweet sound In Your ear." (I guess I'm combining my #9 & #10 here...I love the Lord and I love singing praises to him with great lyrics.)
So there, it was easy. I came up with 10 things that I love that start with the letter L. If you want to play...go visit my sister's blog and she'll give you a letter!
Have a GREAT weekend!