1. Which do you like better: cooking at your house, or going elsewhere? I prefer going elsewhere. But it's my turn!
2. Do you buy a fresh or frozen bird? Frozen.
3. What kind of stuffing? My dad makes the BEST dressing (not stuffing).
4. Sweet potato or pumpkin pie? Chocolate! (LOL!)
5. Do you believe that turkey leftovers are a curse, or the point of the whole thing? The point! Yummy.
6. Which side dish would provoke a riot if you left it off the menu? Probably my sweet potato casserole. It depends on who you ask....
7. Do you save the carcass to make soup or stock? My sister, ET always takes dibs on the carcass. (yuck)!
8. What do you wish you had that would make preparing Thanksgiving dinner easier? A double oven!
9. Do you get up at the crack of dawn to have dinner ready in the early afternoon, or do you eat at your normal dinner hour? We eat lunch. I cook some things the day before, and we also do "potluck" style, so everyone is bringing something. Then it's not too much work on anyone.
10. If you go to somebody else's house, what's your favorite dish to bring? Sweet potato casserole
11. Is your cranberry sauce fresh or canned? My mom used to make a cranberry jello salad. This year my brother is making cranberry bars. No cranberry sauce.
12. What's your absolute favorite thing on the menu? Dessert! But usually I have to wait a while before I can eat it. With Cool Whip!
My Thanksgiving Wish for You:
May your stuffing be tasty. May your turkey be plump,
May your potatoes and gravy have never a lump.
May your yams be delicious, And your pies take the prize,
And may your Thanksgiving dinner Stay off of your thighs!
Colossians 3:15 -- Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful.
1 Chronicles 29:13 -- Now, our God, we give you thanks, and praise your glorious name.
Psalm 106:1 -- Praise the LORD. Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good; his love endures forever.